[lbo-talk] Weiner unhid!

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:46:02 PDT 2011

Me:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:

> Smells like team spirit. What business do we have ranking bad
> guys? Where does that get us? And Weiner was a very bad guy.

Me: In your own life you never face a situation with no good choices and pick the least worst? Anyway if you cheer for Weiner to be taken down by Breitbart you are picking between bad guys.

Me
>> Weiner taking major hits for sexting helps reinforce American puritanism,

Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net>

> Well, we are attacking on a broad front here, aren't we?
> Not just capitalism, imperialism, Zionism etc, but
> 'Puritanism' too!  So many isms to combat, and so few of
> us to do it.  But one can always squeeze in another
> meeting. I look forward to the creation of the Popular
> Front For The Defense Of Sextism. Free Anthony!

Me: Well I can see how walking and chewing gum at the same is asking a hell of a lot.

Me:
>> And its being used as an excuse to give credibility
>> to Breitbart. Hell with cheering that shit on.

Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net>

> Hell with any concern with Breitbart, one way or the
> other; cheering or jeering, he's not somebody we
> should even be thinking about.

Me: Pretending he is not there will make him go away? Or it does not matter to you whether he goes away or not cause you have not noticed that he has gained a wee bit of influence and power? -- Facebook: Gar Lipow  Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static page: http://www.nohairshirts.com