[lbo-talk] Weiner unhid!

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:57:34 PDT 2011

Well said SA. I have been trying to politically walk and chew gum lately when it comes to the Dems. We need to be able to use them when we can and not just attack them because they don't support our whole program. Way too much of the lefts time, space and energy is devoted to attacking potential allies, at least on specific issues. The problem isn't that people don't have faith in the electoral system, but that they have too much faith or misguided faith. No politician in a liberal democracy will ever do everything you want. That's structural and by design. Being able to realize that and move into a position of working to get what one could/can from the Dems in specific situations while keeping your long term focus is not easy but it is required.

Brad