[lbo-talk] Weiner unhid!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 13 19:34:20 PDT 2011

On 6/13/2011 8:57 PM, brad wrote:
> Well said SA. I have been trying to politically walk and chew gum
> lately when it comes to the Dems. We need to be able to use them when
> we can and not just attack them because they don't support our whole
> program.

This is distorted. The problem with the DP is NOT that "they don't support our whole program." The 'trouble' with the DP is that they constitute the main enemy. I don't 'criticize' them anymore than Churchill 'criticized' Hitler. They (or rather it, the leadership) oppose (quite successfully most of the time) everything a "left" (if one existed) would favor. This is incoherent.

And the statement that "we should use them" is unintelligible. In the first place, "we" do not exit as an entity that can "use" anything.

Democratic voters are something else -- especially as they are "voters" for only two or three minutes every two or four years. Otherwise, they are just people, some of whom under some conditions will work with particular projects of part groupings of leftists. We don't ask for a person's party identification when she shows up at a demo. Bat in that case "we" aren't "using them; for their own reasons they join us for that particular activity. They even often help plan it and carry it out. "We" here refers not to some nebulous left but to BNCPJ. Most of its members are, I suspect, Democrats when elections come around. That's why political action comes to a screeching halt one year out of four while the population plunges into the strange religious rites that occur at that time.

Carrol