[lbo-talk] Fwd: Re: Politics vs the DP

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Jun 15 15:52:02 PDT 2011

> On Jun 15, 2011 4:39pm, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are you trying to
> > say that Democrats are working to undermine its main institutional
> > support base, the teachers' unions? Accusing them of being venal may
> > make sense, but suicidal?

Selling out their base is what they do. They are quite convinced that no amount of selling out will drive the base away, and they've been proven right over and over.

I remember the early 80s, the years of the Great Anti-Tenant War in NYC. Tenants formed a huge part of the Democrats' electoral base in those days, and they flushed us down the toilet without a qualm.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com