[lbo-talk] Fwd: Re: Politics vs the DP

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:54:01 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Wojtek S wrote:
>
> > Have you been paying attention to what DP is
> > doing at the state level?
>
> In New York, capping property taxes. refusing to extend a tax on
> millionaires, forcing teacher layoffs and other service cuts, and giving the
> green light to fracking. Did you have something else in mind?
>
> Doug

In MIchigan, never once calling the Republican Senate on its obstruction of even neoliberal Democratic proposals, much less their scorched earth proposals. Hell, it was the Democratic Governor who proposed eliminating the Library of MIchigan, closing the State Museum, and accelerating giving away the tax store to any and all "employers" who might come here, even when not doing so would have generated positive multiplier effects by comparison to the negative ones that followed. Furthermore, since Granholm and the Dems refused to raise any issues about the structural character of the deficit, their self-destruction (and utter incapacity to run a viable candidate) immediately handed the House, the Senate and the Governorship - in a redistricting election - to savage the budget-happy Republicans, including a Governor who's pushed through a proposal to chop per pupil primary and secondary school funding by $370. I here equally damning things from NJ, CA, NY, MA, VA, IL, OR, MN and WA... whatYOUgot Woj?