[lbo-talk] Fwd: Re: Politics vs the DP

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 06:02:48 PDT 2011

Alan: "whatYOUgot Woj?"

[WS:} Just support for wind energy, immigrant rights, public transit, and not totally caving in to pressure to cut public sector pensions in MD - which is not much I suppose.

But the question that I face is this: what am I supposed to do? I see four possible courses of action:: 1) Vote for someone else i.e. a Republican, for there is no other alternative; 2.) Get out of this mess altogether and go back to Europe or else drink to oblivion; 3) Engage in self-delusional grandstanding by embracing a "critical theory" of one sort or another or some other self-styled zealotry; 4) Cut the losses and try to salvage whatever possible by holding my nose and support those who seem to offer that opportunity i.e. the DP.

Re1. I will vote for a dog before I vote for a Repug, so that option is DOA Re2. This is an option that I take seriously (going back to EU that is), but I am not yet ready, so I need to find a different option for now Re3. This stuff at best bores me to tears or makes me laugh - I could not do it with a straight face, sorry. Re4. Since other courses of action are not viable for me - this is a default one.

I hope this helps you understand the reasons behind my position on the issue.

Wojtek