[lbo-talk] Politics vs the DP

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:49:04 PDT 2011

> But let's not
> lose sight of the fact that to the degree that the working class is
> politically active, it's often as DP activists.

As in? I am not challenging, I am curious for examples of working class activists (outside of perhaps environmentalism) who are primarily DP activists.

^^^^^^^^ CB: The vast majority of people are working class, so most DP activists are working class activists.But maybe I don't understand what u mean by working class activists. As someone mentioned, the DP is mainly an organization for election campaigns, so DP activities r aimed at influencing voters. Left non-electoral activism includes organizing and holding protest demonstrations , lobbying, handing out left newspapers, holding conferences and club meetings and writing on political, economic and social issues.

My claims here are based on years of practice in both DP, non-partisan electoral and left non-electoral activism.