[lbo-talk] conversation overheard

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:27:37 PDT 2011

Why the GOP should nominate Barack Obama in 2012 A modest proposal stemming from the president's apparent rejection of his own party's liberal tradition

^^^^^ CB; Now that's preposterous, but u treat it seriously. The Republican Party has been mercilessly attacking Obama since he got elected. How preposterous to suggest that he could get their nomination. Absurd. That's why my discussion of ur discussion was is half tongue in cheek. But to paraphrase Hegel comedic logic is superior to tragic logic. One can learn a lot from the jokes I tell ( giggles)

The article is preposterous because it treats seriously the exaggerated, ongoing ultra-left portrayal of Obama as equivalent to the tea-Republicans. I mean if one did as an Onion piece that might be ok. But the author seems to be serious, and then u treat it as serious. That's a field day for me to ridicule u. In that context , my comments r not preposterous ,but witty.