[lbo-talk] Obamacare and single payer & the Supreme Court

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:49:05 PST 2011

On 3/2/2011 4:38 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> Looking at this (blatently political right wing) court, I would think
> the betting would be that it will uphold the objection. (Besides the
> fact that I'm not sure I object to the reasoning in itself, so far as
> I can judge secondhand. (I haven't read the opinion.))
>
> So I guess the question is: am I missing something? Is there a reason
> Supreme Court watchers consider this highly unlikely?

Good question.

But speaking as an ignoramus about SCOTUS myself, I tend to doubt they would overturn the mandate. It seems like a bridge too far. Boy, would it be entertaining to watch, though. Actually, the fact that it would be so entertaining is exactly the reason I tend to doubt they would overturn it.

SA