[lbo-talk] blog post: radical labor education, part 5: a new labor movement?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 9 09:11:41 PST 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 12:04 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> I understand - and share- the disgust many on list feel toward
> Democrats - but that is the only chance that we have. So the choice
> is to either hold your nose and work with them or else masturbate
> gloomily.

THere are different ways to "work with" Dems. You can get involved, campaign for them, write them checks, etc. - or you can get out in the streets, sleep in the state capitol, scream, strike, etc. If you get enough of the latter, the Dems might actually behave more like a soc dem party. If you do the former, you get nothing.

Doug