[lbo-talk] An Orgy of Speculation?

Peter Fay peterrfay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:41:40 PST 2011

Seems this would be true in 1880's manufacturing, but not today, except for perhaps sectors that have recent high productivity growth - electronics, communications, maybe pharma, etc.

And if I'm not mistaken, this problem was Engel's observation (being a mfg. bean counter) rather than Marx's discovery - not that there's much difference. And seems the <19 November 1869> letter was Engels to Marx ("Dear Moor"), not Marx to Engels. Sorry, can't view other cites, as I don't have Penguin Capital, only International, nor your book (yet).