[lbo-talk] blog post: radical labor education, part 5: a new labor movement?

jam amvojo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:11:40 PST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> It did get through.

Oh - sorry for about that.

Doug writes "shitty news"

yes, totally agree (obviously), *but*...(sorry about this...)

it's like when you're sitting by the toilet with a terrible feeling in your stomach...waiting to puke...waiting...hoping you don't but wishing you would...waiting...

and now it is happening.

and it couldn't have happened in a better way...competely, but plainly, shady...dishonest...etc.

Shitty news - yes, but like finally puking, this may be good news too - depends on how we handle it, of course, but now we know a little more about the terrain, and the way the senate handled this did not earn them any sympathy.

I don't think that capitol will be empty tonight and there is *a lot* of serious talk re striking, not that it would in any way be pleasant...at all...but it's time.