[lbo-talk] weak ties

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:54:46 PDT 2011

@ Peter, I agree with your basic point about the Dems being responsible for the wars and their continuation. My disagreement was basically with the tone and lack of facts in your original statement: "is not ActBlue's Democratic Party the reason labor got into the mess in Wisconsin to begin with? Why add to the agony by contributing to the party and ideology which created the wars which drained the budget, and which helped destroy labor..." It simply is not true that the Dems created the wars or that the wars are the major drain on the budget. When the left presents itself with such blatantly loose connections to reality it only serves to undermine what we are doing. Yes, the Dems are disgusting on the military budget and support for wars. So what?

I agree in part with Shane, but the fact that collective bargaining is a human right does not put it into law. That took the Wisconsin Democrats. And having gone through a long public sector strike myself, I think neither strikes nor large demos alone will work but together they have huge potential.

Brad