[lbo-talk] catastrophy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 16 10:35:36 PDT 2011

Wojtek:

While I appreciate that you pay attention to what I post to this list, I also think that you over-analyze it way too much. I was making a simple point that people tend to be more scared by catastrophic events than by continuous but far more dangerous peril.

This is poor logic. Those _other_ perils are simply the world we live in, and it is nonsense to compare them with _additional_ perils.

According to you¸people slowly dying from repeated minor strokes should not try to prevent major strokes. After all, those minor strokes are far more dangerous.

Sometimes cynicism is the grossest form of gullibility.

Repeat: Under present conditions people are going to continue to die in current numbers from the dangers Wojtek lists; but according to Wojtek they should also be made to die by additional periodic catastrophes. If Wojtek has a simple solution up his sleeve to eliminate auto travel over night, then his comments on nuclear would make minimal sense. As it is they are lunacy.

Carrol