[lbo-talk] catastrophy

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:55:59 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alan,
>
> While I appreciate that you pay attention to what I post to this list,
> I also think that you over-analyze it way too much. I was making a
> simple point that people tend to be more scared by catastrophic events
> than by continuous but far more dangerous peril. So chill out man -
> it is a schmoozing list not a seminar in litcrit or pomo theory :)
>
> Wojtek

1. Horsepoop. 2. You weren't writing about "people" you were writing about Chuck. If you want to write about "people", make that clear... but you're going to have to be specific and that will tame the snide/superior tone you take. 3. Believe me, this stuff takes no analytic effort at all. 4. Nice, but staggeringly lame and anti-intellectual, "you, pomo" slap... assuming, since you raised the issue, that you know the difference between mo and pomo, my point was ever so clearly rooted in oh-so straightforward modernist analysis. Some of us can tell the difference between being critical and postmodernism.