[lbo-talk] FW: [radcaucus] Please

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 16 19:50:47 PDT 2011

-----Original Message----- From: radcaucus at googlegroups.com [mailto:radcaucus at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Yoshie Furuhashi Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:36 PM To: radcaucus at googlegroups.com Subject: Re: [radcaucus] Please

Prime Minister Naoto Kan of Japan, it is being reported in Japan now, has said that, in the worst case scenario, "we must consider the possibility that eastern Japan will be ruined" (at <http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye4675824.html> and <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJmzuuKVdds>). _At last_ he told the inconvenient truth. Too late. All who have been saying that Fukushima won't be like Chernobyl have been aiding and abetting, knowingly or unknowingly, the Japanese government in denying, lying,* and nuking its own people and foreign nationals from all over the world who are still left behind in the danger zone. Aiding and abetting such an attempt at a crime against humanity is not a good thing. A leftist should refrain from it.

The point is that any humane evacuation plan should have been based on _the distinct possibility of the worst case scenario, from Day 1, whether or not it will come true_. Those who said that wasn't necessary were committing a crime of exposing people to great risk, the risk to which they do not -- nor would they ever willingly -- subject themselves.

* Why do I say "lie"? The prime minister, a third-way student activist in the sixties, graduated from a degree in applied physics from Tokyo Tech before going on to become a patent attorney. He can't claim ignorance.