[lbo-talk] FW: [radcaucus] Please

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:16:46 PDT 2011

On 17 mars 11, at 11:50, Carrol Cox wrote:

> [...]

Why is that too late ?

"in the worst case scenario, we must consider the possibility that eastern Japan will be ruined"

He does not say that the "worst case scenario" is unfolding under our eyes while we are unprepared.

> All who have been saying that
> Fukushima won't be like Chernobyl have been aiding and abetting,
> knowingly or unknowingly, the Japanese government in denying, lying,*
> and nuking its own people and foreign nationals from all over the
> world who are still left behind in the danger zone.

Who is "left behind" in the danger zone ? Everybody in a 20km radius was evacuated and in the 20-30km zone people have taken shelter.

What is the "danger zone" ?

> The point is that any humane evacuation plan should have been based on
> _the distinct possibility of the worst case scenario, from Day 1,
> whether or not it will come true_.

Except that from Day 1 it was simply not possible to access most of the areas that had been struck by the earthquake and the tsunami.

Jean-Christophe Helary Japan