[lbo-talk] U.S. Calls Radiation 'Extremely High

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:58:54 PDT 2011

On 17 mars 11, at 13:11, Carrol Cox wrote:

> <http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/17/world/asia/17nuclear.html?_r=1&hp=&pagewanted=print>
> March 16, 2011

The day before, here is what the British government said:

http://www.telljp.com/index.php?/en/news_article/bccj_members_update_on_japans_nuclear_power_station_situation/

And that reflects more accurately what we hear in Japan from a lot of diverse sources. Even today.

It is unlikely that this Jaczko guy had any more information than what the British had when they released their information.

> "Everything in their system is built to build consensus slowly," said one
> American official who would not be quoted by name because of the delicacy of
> discussions with Japan. "And everything in this crisis is about moving
> quickly. It's not working."

Yep, like the consensus building over Katrina...

That's total BS.

It must be freaking out a lot of Americans (including a lot of "officials" who don't understand a bit what is going on here) to see all those Japanese staying calm, not looting stuff etc.

Jean-Christophe Helary Japan