[lbo-talk] U.S. Calls Radiation 'Extremely High

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 03:20:46 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> On Wednesday night, Mr. Jaczko reiterated his earlier statement and added
> that commission representatives in Tokyo had confirmed that the pool was
> empty. He said Tokyo Electric and other officials in Japan had confirmed
> that, and also stressed that high radiation fields were going to make it
> very difficult to continue having people work at the plant.

I don´t get something.... The USA military has "NBQ" (Nuclear, Bactereological, Chemical) suits that troops can wear (supposedly) after a nuclear attack has hit, and provides at least some shielding against gamma radiation and radiactive particles.

I guess the workers at the plant already got this kit of suits?. If not, I guess these firms have already donated a bunch, right?.

http://www.radshield.com/

FC PS: Of course, no flexible suit can shield you againt the heavy radiation from a reactor core...