[lbo-talk] Capitalism RE: catastrophe

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 05:40:58 PDT 2011

On 3/16/2011 8:55 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Epictetus said something like(I've been trying to refind this quote for twenty years)that if the good lies in our power, our greatest attainment should not be to be consul or praetor, but to be free.
>
> The search and realization of freedom is the deepest call to human kind. Also, I do not see how what Carrol was talking about had anything to do with determinism vs free will.
>
> Joanna

Called by who-what? History? Being? Our frontal lobes? Natural Selection?

Some males have desired a commitment-obligation free life for millenia; the fallacies of composition consequences that would flow from substantive attempts to institutionalize such a behavioral strategy for all human beings would appear to be self-defeating.

Ian