[lbo-talk] Trump's beauty

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 17 08:38:59 PDT 2011

[from The Note]

t might be hard to picture New York real estate mogul Donald Trump, who has flirted with a presidential campaign twice before but opted not to run, sitting down in Iowa and New Hampshire living rooms and, as one of Trump's aides put it, having "a little apple pie" with voters.

But as Trump told ABC News' Ashleigh Banfield in an interview on "Good Morning America," today: "I have never been so serious as I am now." And he's willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Trump said that if he runs, a decision he plans to announce in June, and if he's doing well, he would spend as much as $600 million of his own fortune on the race. Does he have that much to spare?

"I have much more than that," Trump said. "That's one of the nice things. I mean, part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich. So if I need $600 million, I can put $600 million myself. That's a huge advantage." http://abcn.ws/e6IXIr