[lbo-talk] Libya: "Dropping bombs to save lives"

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:11:37 PDT 2011

Fernando: "Well, yes, but Gadafi made his own bed and now he must lie on it."

[WS:] I have little sympathy for the man, but I do not think it is that simple. He used to be the "underdogs' man" and now the old elites want to regain what's 'rightfully theirs' - as one of these 'revolutionaries' was quoted saying. It is analogous to, say, the Cuban bourgeoisie living in Miami to get what was 'rightfully theirs' before Castro took over. Gaddafi and his stooges may be an unsavory character, but his opponents do not seem any better.

BTW, the old fox shrewdly withdrew back to his foxhole http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12787739 Pretty clever, no?

Wojtek