[lbo-talk] Taking GE to court over the Mark I reactor safety concerns and poor design?

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Mar 18 18:15:53 PDT 2011

On Mar 18, 2011, at 5:43 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As designers resigned over Mark I design concerns, and the company
>> KNEW about such defects and concerns, I wonder why nobody in Japan or
>> elsewhere is talking about suing GE for damages and criminal conduct,
>> for
>> withholding that safety and design concerns information from the
>> buyers...
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Of course, by now any incriminating evidence from the mid-70s at GE
> must have been purged from the company archives... a judge should have
> raided the firm's offices as soon as the information hit the media.

I had a temporary job in San Jose for a few days back in the mid 80s, a crew of about 20 day laborers, inventorying material in a GE Nuclear facility - large campus with offices and large research and design place, lots of work shops. They were going someplace else, and as I recall that inventory, they'll never find any of that stuff again. <g>

martin