[lbo-talk] Cornel West at the Left Forum

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Mon Mar 21 21:18:03 PDT 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:34:52 -0400 (EDT) Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

> Come to think of it, perhaps the real problem for you is

This formulation takes for granted, of course, that the "real problem" must be something other than what I aver and attempt, in my inarticulate way, to describe. It would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind this conclusion.

Did you watch the video? The super-hyper-ultra-post-modernism got past me, if there was any there. All very conventional stuff, I would have said, worthy of the soporific pen of Katrina van den Heuvel, or even Rachel Maddow. References to Dr King and Norman Thomas (of all people); none to Malcolm X or anybody to the left of those benchmarks, IIRC.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com