[lbo-talk] Cornel West at the Left Forum

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Mar 21 21:37:38 PDT 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Michael Smith wrote:

> All very conventional stuff, I would have said

All plenary speeches I've ever heard are like that. You were expecting something different? They never break new ground. They're about vivifying shared convictions, which is a matter of style. And Cornel's vivifies some people while clearly turning off others.

I thought it was style people were objecting to, the baroque dramatizing. Forgive me if that's not true of you and you were objecting to the content. I have nothing to say to that point.

Michael