[lbo-talk] Peter Fay on Bob Fitch

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Mar 22 20:48:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> I forget which book it was. It'd be an interesting parlor game to guess
> which Mike Davis book Pat Buchanan would like.

My guess is either Buda's Wagon or Victorian Holocausts. Pat prides himself as an anti-imperialist and that seems their obvious point of overlap. And secondly Pat prides himself as lover of American history, and the Bengal Famine was a big (but now mostly forgotten) rallying point for the the original (1773) Boston tea partiers: let England control our trade and next they'll be telling us what to grow like they did in Bengal and you see what horrors that leads to.

Michael