[lbo-talk] Peter Fay on Bob Fitch

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 07:33:51 PDT 2011

Michael: "However, even if we suppose that Bob sometimes overstated his position, the thrust of his argument is correct. The US labor movement has historically been shot through will all sorts of corruption."

[WS:] My reading is a bit different, the main thrust of his argument is that US labor movement pursued particularistic goals of benefiting certain segments of the working class instead of a universalistic goal of benefiting the working class as a whole. Corruption was just a corollary which overshadowed the main thrust.

Wojtek