[lbo-talk] Making it harder to vote

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 24 18:41:08 PDT 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 9:30 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Wails about IDs are wails about one of the lesser side effects of the War
> against Terror.

These laws are directed heavily against black citizens of the U.S. - people whose ancestors have been here longer than mine.

> P.S. Probably making it harder to vote is about as serious as (say) would be
> the rationing of root beer. Who wants to vote anyway.

Lots of people. Millions of people have fought and died for the right to vote. Really, if you weren't such a geezer, I could imagine someone wanting to punch you in the face for saying shit like this.

Doug