[lbo-talk] Achcar's latest

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Mar 25 14:57:05 PDT 2011

I've never invited Cole on the show because he gets plenty of exposure, and I try to get people who don't have so much. Maybe that's wrong.

Doug

Sounds good to me. I enjoy learning about people I never heard of with interesting things to say, with lots of background information that doesn't get out.

But there is a more serious question that shows `we' the audience don't get to hear much from Middle Eastern intellectuals, academics, students, people on the street---so as to inform ourselves. I was amazed at the depth and breath of some of the Egyptians I listened to during the battle for Cairo.

So, maybe Juan Cole can be of help in locating such people here with close connections to Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, now Syria or wherever. Then you get a list of people to talk to and see if they are interested...

My problem is I haven't heard enough from the Libyans and what they think about a US-EU Nato intervention. Certainly they know they are making a bargin with the devil.

CG