[lbo-talk] Achcar's latest

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:13:45 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Gar Lipow wrote:
>
>>  I'd really be curious why Juan
>> Cole thinks this kind of scenario is unlikely. Do you think you might
>> want to invite him on your program and ask him?
>
> I've never invited Cole on the show because he gets plenty of exposure, and I try to get people who don't have so much. Maybe that's wrong.
>
> Doug

As a beneficiary of that policy I approve. But I would be curious to hear someone who has nuts-and-bolts knowledge explain make a good case that this is unlikely to go pear-shaped and make things worse. I'm sure Juan Cole is not the only who can make that argument. (For that matter I've heard him assert it, but not provide evidence.)