[lbo-talk] American Thought Police

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 28 08:36:45 PDT 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 10:16 AM, ken hanly wrote:

> Krugman claims that the attack on academics through the Republican
> conservative thought police is Un-American. Surely it is as American as apple
> pie. Communist witch hunts have just been replaced by liberal lefty witch hunts.
> The dawn of neo-McCarthyism.

And Dems were hardly innocent during the McCarthy era. A lot of that anti-Communist crap started under Truman.

Also: my friend Corey Robin says that Cronon was deeply opposed to the attempts of the grad students to organize a union at Yale. He's changed his tune apparently, now that his ox is being gored.

Doug