[lbo-talk] American Thought Police

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:19:59 PDT 2011

Carrol: ""McCarthyism" is a serious misnomer, and it distorts ..."

[WS:] You quibble over semantics. It does not matter whether it is called "McCarthyism or "the Truman era." What matters is that it is the modus operandi of the American version of capitalism, which can be called "fair weather democracy." This means that the US state operates in a more or less democratic fashion as long as the vital interests of plutocrats are not seriously threatened. When they are, democracy temporarily takes the back seat, and special "corrective measures" are temporarily implemented to neutralize that threat. After that, democratic rules are restored with great fanfare, excesses of the 'corrective measures" are condemned, and the vitality and superiority of the US political system are solemnly affirmed until the interests of the elite are threatened again, and the cycle is repeated.

This is the normal operation of the US gangster capitalism and has nothing to do with following or not following the DP. Your rants against DP on this list sound like a Republican false flag campaign.

Wojtek