[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: Kill Team

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:40:01 PDT 2011

Doug: On Mar 28, 2011, at 12:23 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I see no reason to waste time studying alleged "facts"

This deserves a bumper sticker.

[WS:] I think Carrol is actually up to something, despite his rather abrasive mode of presentation. The idea is to "keep your eyes on the prize" instead of being distracted by factoids manufactured by the bourgeois noise machine. In other words, focus on what is important to achieving your political goals instead of being preoccupied with details that are at best tangential, such as opinion polls, who said what, etc.

Of course, the trick is to avoid being blinded by your dogma, but that requires keeping a balance between focus on the "prize" and paying attention to details.

Wojtek