[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: Kill Team

OECDObserver world ocdeobserver at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:22:15 PDT 2011

I am with Carrol,

The present Canadian government could not locate Libya on map prior to the start of the civil war. They are busy trying to sell the Canadian electorate on a fleet of new F-38s, and pursue deep integration with the US. The rebels decided to mount a violent insurrection knowing full well they had not the means to win nor any more of a general mandate to govern than the General himself. The tell to this whole adventure is that the West is not simply protecting civilians but inveighing on the side of one fraction in the civil war. The UN resolution would have sought to cover all civilians not just those on the side of the rebellion and would have demanded that both parties sit down and hammer out a solution. The fix was in because "we" the citizens of the West were presented with one of two options: Are you for or against the murderous General.