[lbo-talk] Just wondering...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:59:54 PDT 2011

Ahem. I think Dennis was being sarcastic.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:49 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Just wondering...

On Mar 30, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Joanna wrote:
>
>> he (Balanchine) foundered in the states where none were the wiser.
>

> Yeah. Those New Yorkers, what a bunch of rubes.

My first wife took me to lots of NYCB performances during the Balanchine years. The audience was full of the cultural elite. I even talked with some of them. I wouldn't want them setting social policy, but they were the furthest thing from rubes.