[lbo-talk] Questions about Osama Bin Laden

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed May 4 10:02:12 PDT 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> Peter Fay: "Turns out almost everything they reported was lies"
>
> [WS:] That is not the conclusion that I drew. The fact that they are
> changing the story indicates that they try to be honest...

They lie because that is what they are and what they did--cold-blooded mafioso assassination--is totally indefensible Lies tend to be inconsistent, and so have to be covered up with new lies (euphemistically termed half-truths). But to say that they try to be honest, though
> . It is plain crazy.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"