[lbo-talk] Questions about Osama Bin Laden

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 4 11:17:05 PDT 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 1:36 PM, dperrin at comcast.net wrote:

> By allowing non-official stories, reports, critiques, links, etc. to flow with little interruption. What if Wikileaks and the Web had been around during Vietnam? Central America? You honestly believe that this wouldn't worry our owners and their scribes?

First, Wikileaks came years after the fact. Second, much of what was leaked were analytical comments by diplomats, not smoking gun secrets like Tonkin could have been. (And a lot of it not at all stupid analysis.) And third, the admin had no reason to release any info it didn't want to - it would be years, if ever, before their account could be contradicted. SEALs don't do tell-all's, do they?

Doug