[lbo-talk] Questions about Osama Bin Laden

dperrin at comcast.net dperrin at comcast.net
Wed May 4 14:23:24 PDT 2011

So Wikileaks came years after the fact? What does that have to do with my overall point? There was no public internet in 1964. This is all historical speculation, as is much of the analysis, official and amateur, about bin Laden's execution. The point is, with instant global info coming from countless sources, statist propaganda has changed. It had to. Just look at Obama's mouthpieces falling all over themselves to paint the most heroic picture of their hit job. Why would they do that if the public had 1964 methods of communication? The Web has changed much. Ask anyone in the newspaper, publishing. music, movie/TV biz.

Personally, I don't know why Obama simply states that this was an execution of an unarmed, captive man. The majority of the public would cheer anyway -- perhaps even more strongly. This new tale about bin Laden reaching for a weapon is right out of a cop drama. Pretty sad.

Dennis