[lbo-talk] write the CUNY board

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:16:09 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

Maybe I'm being goofily optimistic, but when someone is too hyper-Zionist
> for a NYT columnist, you have to wonder if the Zionists are trying so hard
> because they're feeling defensive and scared.

There do seem to be increasing levels of batshit craziness across the Green Line. Between the ongoing revolutions in the Arab world, particularly Egypt, the reunification, the opening of Rafah, the upcoming flotilla, and a probable declaration of statehood in September, this is shaping up as the worst year to be a Zionist since 1973 - at least.

Phillip Weiss claims that such Zionist excesses (Freudian slips?) are "sending more Jews to the exits, wondering what the messianic Zionist movement has done to Jewish political engagement, let alone to the Palestinian experience." It does seem that being a Zionist with any pretensions at common decency gets harder with every passing day ...

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/05/awakening-kushner-mugging-leads-ucla-prof-to-reject-zionism.html