[lbo-talk] Race to Nowhere... && Obama got Osama

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Fri May 6 15:57:01 PDT 2011

On May 6, 2011, at 3:20 PM, Somebody Somebody wrote:

> But I get the sense some think greater equity and higher quality medicine are mutually incompatible... which if I'm not mistaken, is actually a right-wing talking point. I don't accept the notion for a second, and the evidence does not support it either.

For myself, I think that you mistake long life expectancy for better health - quantity/quality thing. You used the phrase 'life indicators' in an earlier post. Although you didn't name specific life indicators, I got the sense that these might be preferred by me as gauges of popular health.

*They* are keeping a lot of us alive beyond our life expectancy with costly technology. And the system doesn't permit cures.