[lbo-talk] chipotle restaurants and immigrant workers-a chipotle fan speaks up

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun May 8 20:00:45 PDT 2011

On May 8, 2011, at 10:48 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> I'm not saying consumer politics is bad, just that it's limited if it does not extend to the rights of producers as well.

Yes, I agree. Hence my fear of these corporations becoming a wedge.

I should also have made it clear that I do not consider animal welfare driven food choices an act of consumer politics. The issue, for those so inclined (or convinced), is not simply one of sending a message to corporations, but is an ethical imperative.

—ravi