[lbo-talk] chipotle restaurants and immigrant workers-achipotle fan speaks up

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 9 08:27:29 PDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 12:17 AM, // ravi wrote:

> A boycott is a collection of individual choices of one product (where indispensable) over another...

It's also a response to a call by workers or other exploited humans. It's not merely "a collection of individual choices." You sound like those bourgeois theorists who define a corporation as a "nexus of contracts" and not an institution larger than any set of individuals.

Over the last few years, I've pretty much converted to buying only "humane" meats, and not the crap in the supermarket. But I wish there were half the lobby for exploited farm workers that there is for animals.

Doug