[lbo-talk] Dems love the Dems

brad babscritique at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:21:11 PDT 2011

[WS:] I wonder how this split would look if the Repugs held the White House.

At any rate, this indicates that the Repug supporters are far more to the right of their "own" party than the Dem supporters are to the left of Dems. Scary.

Wojtek

I don't think it indicates that. It could mean they are far to the center than their party. I suspect, and most polls confirm, that Republicans differ on a few key ideas and issues (mostly around libertarian v. social conservatism). The problem for the party is its need to coddle big and crony forms of capitalism versus the rural, poor, christian base of the party. As a party it is very fractured and it will only get worse as their policies further the divide between the haves and have-nots. It would almost be fun to watch them attempt to govern and what it would do to their party (destroy it), if it wouldn't have such a negative impact on society.

Brad