[lbo-talk] Is Wall St. full of criminals?

lbo83235 lbo83235 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:16:57 PDT 2011

On May 17, 2011, at 1:18 PM, brad wrote:

> The question is often asked, why isn't anyone from Wall Street in
> jail. However, does this question itself shift our attention from the
> structural causes of the crisis on to individual agents? Does it take
> market rationality for granted?

Couldn't we similarly ask whether advocating prosecution of an accused male rapist for rape - say, just for instance, the head of an international financial institution - diverts our attention from the need to overcome patriarchy?

To which I'd want to answer: "Who do you mean 'we,' white man?"

Seriously, isn't it a false (and disempowering) binary?

"History unfolds functionally within a structural context." - Michael Parenti