[lbo-talk] BHL defends DSK

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed May 18 10:28:37 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "SA" <s11131978 at gmail.com>

On 5/18/2011 7:02 AM, Andy wrote:

> What exactly is BHL's status in France? Somehow I got the impression
> that it was sort of like that of Thomas Friedman's here, but with more
> people sharing Matt Taibbi's views.

I think the Friedman comparison is a good one.

Just looked at his French Wiki page, which has a lot of highlights: "BHL is presented by certain journalists as an intellectual impostor. His detractors judge that his success is due only to a well organized network of contacts." ------------------------------

All true. Only diff I can think of is that no one would dream of calling Friedman a philosopher. Whereas BHL, by virtue of his education and aspirations and contacts, might kinda qualify.

Joanna