[lbo-talk] Lack of left due to prescription drugs?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 25 07:32:12 PDT 2011

On 5/24/2011 11:44 PM, Gar Lipow wrote:

>> “Like many people,” says Rall, “I have often wondered why so many Americans seem so emotionally flat and politically apathetic

This is nonsense. Most people everywhere most of the time are apolitical and (to others) seem emotionally flat. I'm utterly uninterested in any article that starts out, "Many Americans." And I srtop reading at that point.

Political apathy is the norm. It is quite reasonable, and requires no explanation. It is political involvement that requires explanation.

This is the kind of horseshit which leads to the idiocy of trying to explain what is wrong with "the left," or vacuous political punditry about the "crisis" of the left.

Carrol