[lbo-talk] Lack of left due to prescription drugs?

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:55:21 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Gar Lipow <gar.lipow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know that this is right. Especially I know  my brother was
> non-functional before he found the right  anti-depressant, and is much
> more political today than when he had untreated depression. Still the
> speculation in this article nags a bit at me.
>
> http://my.firedoglake.com/davidswanson/2011/05/23/the-small-group-of-thoughtful-committed-citizens-has-been-drugged/

It seems based on the widespread notion that psychiatric drugs all have the effect of something like heroin or thorazine. As you've noticed, that's not the case.

The article cites use of ADHD drugs (uppers) being used for motivation, and somehow contributing to apathy. That doesn't even make internal sense.

-- Andy