[lbo-talk] Caroline Fourest: In Praise of Consent

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:46:23 PDT 2011

Eubulides

=================

Well, since we're playing at channeling dead people, I'll post some writing from a neglected Marxist who had an interesting proposition or two about the issue at hand. My posting of the writing by no means constitutes a product endorsement of all the terms brought to bear on the issue:

^^^^

CB: I would like to have a thread on Sartre and existentialism. However, existentialism is definitely not Marxism, so I respectfully object to calling Sartre a Marxist in his philosophical writing, despite the paradox that he had very good politics and good relations with the FCP. He had a better political position on the Algierian conflict than the French CP. Let the Sartre thread begin !