[lbo-talk] RTe: The revolution will not be televised

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Mon May 30 13:24:21 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On May 30, 2011, at 3:44 PM, Gar Lipow wrote:
>
>> I don't know if Eugene Hütz is available as a guest, but you could
>> play some Gogol Bordello. Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher) is their
>> most famous political song. But Supertheory of Supereverything rocks
>> is just as much about immigration experience.
>
> Hmm, just watched about 20 secs on YouTube. They sound like a de-ironized acoustic Laibach. Maybe I should give them another chance.
>
> Doug

Taste is subjective. Supertheory of Supereverythings makes we want to get up and dance. If it does not grab you it does not grab you. Here is a link to Supertheory of Supereverything which I think the better of the two songs. http://bit.ly/9hSW0Z

If it bores or irritates you , it bores or irritates you. Of course arouses an interesting question for political music that doesn't suck. Does "Doug Henwood likes it" equal "doesn't suck"? On a program run by

Doug Henwood kinda has to be the definition doesn't it? I mean what other criteria can you use? "I hate this but I'm wrong so lets discuss how to get more like it" sure does not make sense as an alternative.