[lbo-talk] RTe: The revolution will not be televised

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Mon May 30 16:37:39 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Fisher wrote some good material about hiphop and neoliberalism, but I'm
> not sure if he can comment on the content and aesthetics of "conscious" rap
> like Talib Kweli and company, might be worth asking though.

I second this. Fisher is a great music critic and would be a good interview. His focus would not be so much on overtly political songs though, but politics and scenes or genres - his Golden Age being British post-punk.

I haven't read the hiphop stuff, do you have a link? He was championing Sa-Ra a year or two ago, but other than that I don't think I've seen him write on hip-hop.

Mike